Professional Workshop—Laura Letinsky
The Generic to the Particular: Objects to Images, and Back Again
Professional Workshop with Laura Letinsky (Canada)
More information on this workshop
Venue: The Arts House, Blue Room and Council Room
• 6 October 2018, Saturday 2pm – 6pm
• 7 October 2018, Sunday 10am – 6pm
• 8 October 2018, Monday, 7 - 9 pm (final review)
Participants will engage, as Norman Bryson writes in Looking at the Overlooked, “the conditions of creaturality, of eating and drinking and domestic life, with which still life is concerned” through discussion and making photographs that address the still life. Exploring the personal through photography will facilitate our consideration of who we are, how images affect our notions of self, and how images provide both expression of and limitation to communication. as well as strategies for questions and contestation. Click for more information on this workshop.
Prerequisite: Workshop participants should be able to show a good level of photographic aptitude and a desire to learn. Participants should prepare their portfolio presentations and artistic discourse ahead of the workshop. Participants will have to their own reading prior to workshop commencement.
Each workshop is limited to 15 participants.
Students are required to present valid student ID card.
Participants will need to submit the following to email@example.com after registering.
1. Your name, address and email.
2. 10 images representative of your photographic work.
3. A short statement about why you’d like to take the workshop [150 words in English]
4. A short bio about yourself and your relationship to photography [100 words]