Professional Workshop—Max Pinckers
All About Documentary Practice
Professional Workshop with Max Pinckers (Belgium)
More information on this workshop
Venue: DECK, 120A Prinsep Street, Singapore 187937
• 29 September 2018, Saturday 9am – 6pm
• 30 September 2018, Sunday 9am – 6pm
• 1 October 2018, Monday 9am – 5pm
In this three day masterclass, Pinckers will guide the participants in focusing the development of your personal vision, critical attitude and individual approach towards the production of an artistic body of work within the context of documentary photography.
Based on a series of mentoring sessions and group discussions, participants will be encouraged to question notions of truth, authenticity, objectivity and the underlying belief systems that drive our hyper-visual culture today. Click for more information on this workshop.
Prerequisite: Workshop participants should be able to show a good level of photographic aptitude and a desire to learn. Candidates will be expected to develop a positive attitude towards critical self-reflection, discussion and constructive critique. Participants should prepare their portfolio presentations and artistic discourse ahead of the workshop.
Each workshop is limited to 15 participants.
Students are required to present valid student ID card.
Participants will need to submit the following to email@example.com after registering.
1. Your name, address and email.
2. 10 images representative of your photographic work.
3. A short statement about why you’d like to take the workshop [150 words in English]
4. A short bio about yourself and your relationship to photography [100 words]